When one business entity has more than one location, CABC has designations for three different types of locations. When you have only one birth center facility, it is automatically designated as your Primary location. To add another birth center facility, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
The Primary location is the base of birth center operations for the business entity. This location designation can be changed upon review of a request from the business entity.
- When you have only one birth center facility, it is automatically designated as your Primary location.
- When there is more than one location, the business entity must notify CABC of its preference for the Primary Location prior to paying any fees.
Each location must share all of these same documents with the Primary Location:
- P&P (as defined in CABC Indicators)
- Chart forms
- Personnel forms
CABC: Local +1
Additional location(s) that must have all characteristics of the Remote Location, plus share all of these aspects with the Primary Location:
- Same Site Visit Date
- All health records are available at Primary location for the site visit
- All personnel files are available at Primary location for the site visit
- Same birth center staff, including credentialed providers (as defined in the CABC Indicators), including:
- All Staff participate in the same staff meeting
- 30 minutes or less travel time from one facility to the other
In addition to the usual site visit for the Primary location, each site visit which includes one or more Local+1 location(s) will add the following tasks regarding each Local+1 location:
- Verify that location meets Local+1 criteria
- Review 10 charts of clients who gave birth at that location
- Interview with personnel from the transfer hospital
- Check the facility