Benefits of CABC Accreditation
Accreditation from the CABC will help you:
- Demonstrate your accountability and commitment to providing high quality maternity care to:
- Childbearing families
- Insurance companies
- Maternity care colleagues
- Your community
- Learn to develop and use a robust Continuous Quality Improvement program that will allow you to:
- Recognize any quality issues quickly
- Systematically work to resolve issues in order to assure that you provide the very best possible maternity care
- Develop policies and procedures that support the midwifery model of care, enhance risk management, and allow you to provide evidence-based maternity care.
- Strengthen your position when negotiating with insurance companies.
- Learn from experienced experts in birth center operations who want to help your center succeed.
- Enhance pride in your birth center among your staff, consumers, and collaborative physicians.
- Provide support with your collaborative physicians and birth center or hospital administrators, for your use of:
- Evidence-based maternity care practices and
- Avoidance of inappropriate use of technology
- Improve your bottom line with:
- Discounts on medical liability insurance
- Payment from health insurance companies that require CABC accreditation for reimbursement
Dedicated to Excellence
Freestanding Birth Centers and Alongside Maternity Centers that are already accredited in our 3-year accreditation cycle also enjoy these benefits of our monthly enrollment:
- Access to CABC accreditation experts to get questions answered while completing forms.
- Continually improved forms and site visit experiences.
- One site visit every 3 years.
- Airfare, lodging and meals paid by CABC.
- Review of two Interim Status Reports.
- Use of a CABC Certificate of Accreditation for wall display.
- Use of CABC’s Premium Accreditation Marketing Kit (designed for CABC-accredited birth center clients, their employers, collaborating physicians & hospitals, and policymakers):
- Clickable web badge to verify accreditation status
- Window cling of the CABC accreditation seal
- A set of customized brochures about the value of CABC accreditation, featuring your birth center’s photos, logo & contact info