Why Contribute Your Donation?
Many people rely on CABC accreditation to ensure that the birth centers in their community are dedicated to best practices and exceptional care.
CABC is funded by a combination of accreditation fees and donations. CABC relies on donations to:
- Support CABC’s capacity building efforts that enable us to serve more mothers, babies, families, and communities.
- Keep the cost of birth center accreditation affordable to encourage birth centers to seek accreditation.
CABC can accept gifts from these stakeholders of CABC’s birth center accreditation:
- Mothers, Babies and their Families & Friends know that a CABC-accredited birth center and its care providers are dedicated to national standards for safe, evidence-based maternity care and avoid inappropriate use of technology.
- Community Employers rely on CABC accreditation as a verifiable measure of quality when negotiating health insurance contracts to cover the care their employees prefer.
- Healthcare Insurance Companies use CABC accreditation as a measure to establish payment rules and in-network status for birth centers.
- Liability Insurance Companies use CABC accreditation as one measure of risk in evaluating rates as an underwriter.
- Philanthropists and Foundations seeking to improve maternity care rely on CABC accreditation as the measure of evidence-based care in birth centers.
CABC cannot accept donations from the following stakeholders. Instead, these stakeholders are encouraged to give to the AABC Foundation, which endeavors to grow more birth centers and serve more families.
- Birth centers (or any entity on behalf of a birth center)
- Hospitals and physicians receiving transfers from birth centers
Support Birth Center Accreditation with Your Gift
You may make a donation here via PayPal or by mailing your check to:
The Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers
240 Independence Drive
Hamburg, PA 19526
Thank you for your donation. You will receive a receipt within 5 business days.
The Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers is recognized as a nonprofit organization by the IRS.
IRS Code: Section 501(c)(3). All donations are tax deductible and you will not receive any goods or services as a result of any donation to the CABC.
CABC was incorporated as a nonprofit in the state of Pennsylvania in 2002 and is also registered as a foreign nonprofit in the state of Minnesota.